Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader
About the Position
- Leaders must attend all lecture classes of the SI course.
- Model effective classroom behavior, demonstrating effective study skills such as attentiveness and note-taking.
- Maintain a professional attitude about class standards, grades, and student complaints.
- Help students learn independently instead of completing assignments for them.
- Discourage attending SI as a substitute for attending class.
- Prepare handouts that will assist students in learning course material.
- Maintain accurate SI session attendance records.
- Utilize a variety of SI methods during sessions and provide feedback about sessions to the Learning Assistance Coordinator.
- Attend pre-semester training as well as weekly meetings with Learning Assistance Coordinator.
- Compensation for position is $10/hour (8-10 hours per week average).
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- B+ or higher grade earned in the SI course
- Enrolled in minimum of 6 undergraduate or 4.5 graduate credits
- Recommendation from the professor who teaches the course
How to Apply
You will need to complete and submit the SI Leader Application below to be considered for employment.