Peer Educator Review Session (PERS) Leader
About the Position
- Leaders must meet weekly with course instructor to discuss course content and determine appropriate material for review sessions.
- Maintain a professional attitude about class standards, grades, and student complaints.
- Help students learn independently instead of completing assignments for them.
- Discourage attending PERS as a substitute for attending class.
- Prepare handouts that will assist students in learning course material.
- Maintain accurate PERS attendance records.
- Utilize a variety of PERS methods during sessions and provide feedback about sessions to the Learning Assistance Coordinator.
- Attend pre-semester training as well as weekly meetings with Learning Assistance Coordinator.
- Compensation for position is $10/hour (4-6 hours per week average).
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- B+ or higher grade earned in the PERS course
- Enrolled in minimum of 6 undergraduate or 4.5 graduate credits
- Recommendation from the professor who teaches the course
How to Apply
You will need to complete and submit the PERS Leader Application below to be considered for employment.
Center for Academic Resources
Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
750 Elmwood Ave