Peer Educator Review Session (PERS) Leader
About the Position
- Leaders must meet weekly with course instructor to discuss course content and determine appropriate material for review sessions.
- Maintain a professional attitude about class standards, grades, and student complaints.
- Help students learn independently instead of completing assignments for them.
- Discourage attending PERS as a substitute for attending class.
- Prepare handouts that will assist students in learning course material.
- Maintain accurate PERS attendance records.
- Utilize a variety of PERS methods during sessions and provide feedback about sessions to the Learning Assistance Coordinator.
- Attend pre-semester training as well as weekly meetings with Learning Assistance Coordinator.
- Compensation for position is $10/hour (4-6 hours per week average).
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- B+ or higher grade earned in the PERS course
- Enrolled in minimum of 6 undergraduate or 4.5 graduate credits
- Recommendation from the professor who teaches the course
How to Apply
You will need to complete and submit the PERS Leader Application to be considered for employment.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, arrest or conviction record, or political affiliation in admissions, educational programs or activities and employment, including employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam Era, as required by applicable laws and regulations. Inquiries concerning Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, may be directed to the Director of Equity and Affirmative Action, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 800 Algoma Boulevard, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, 54901 (Phone) 920-424-0330.
Center for Academic Resources
Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
750 Elmwood Ave